We all have some old photos lying around that we never want to get rid of. Maybe it is a photo album from your grandfather’s time or from your own childhood when all people had were SLR cameras. Maybe these photos are in the form of a scrapbook that your parents made when you were little. These kind of physical photo collections are still very important, but at the same time the modern world has made digitally backing up these memories so easy that it’s just a shame not to.
All You Need is your Phone
In order to make digital copies of scrapbooks, the only thing you need to have is a smartphone, which most of the population has these days. There are many applications that turn your phone into a portable scanner, allowing you to create high-quality digital files on the go. One of the best and most highly rated of these apps is CamScanner. It has a very simple interface and a very good processing engine. Just be sure to use it in good lighting to get the best quality.
If you want something that is made for scanning physical photos, then Google’s PhotoScan is your best bet. The app is developed by Google for the sole purpose of turning your old physical photos into glare-free and high quality digital files that you can back up to Google Photos right away.
So if you have ever wondered what you can do to make sure that your precious memories stay with you forever, just take out your mobile phone and simply back them up.
The art of knitting has existed in the world for a very long time. However, to date exactly when the first knitted item was made is hard because of the fact that organic fibers used to knit decay quite quickly. However, researchers have managed to find out that some of the earliest signs of knitting were found in the Middle East, from where the art found its way to Europe.
European Origin of Knitting
The earliest knitted items that are known to us were first created by Muslim knitter who used to work under various Spanish royal families. Spain became the origin for knitting in Europe. Knitted gloves and cushion covers created by the hands of these Spanish Muslims can still be seen in the tombs of the Abbey of Santa Maria la Real de Las Huelgas in Spain.
After Spain, knitting found its way to many other parts of Europe, including Estonia, France, and London. The first knitting guild was created in Paris during the 13th century, and knitting had become an advanced craft by this time.
The Knitting Machine
William Lee was an English man who, in 1589, invented the first knitting machine. The country saw an increase in these kind of machines over the next few years, and the hand knitting industry took at major hit. This was when commercial hand knitting saw its demise, and the machines took over. Even to this day, knitting by hand is thought of as a domestic hobby that anything else, but the art is revered in many parts of Spain to this day.
Spain is undoubtedly a beautiful country. The natural beauty of the country, with the historic architecture, winding streets, and vast coastline make it one of the best travel spots in the world.
Whether you are traveling to Spain or live there permanently, you may have faced a problem when taking family photos outdoors with the harsh sunlight. The blue skies that you see with your eyes would wash out into white backdrops most of the time, doing an injustice to the beauty that the country holds.
A Quick and Easy Fix to Your Problems
A great way to take perfect family photos in Spain is to make use of HDR. Many cameras have this functionality built in, where they take successive shots of a scene at different exposures and merge them to create one well-exposed photo. However, if your camera does not support this feature, you can make HDR images yourself in just a few steps:
- Take at least three photos at different exposures. One of these should keep the sky in perfect exposure, one should focus on the shadows, and one on the people in your frame.
- Go to www.aurorahdr.com and download the software. Also go through some of the tutorials and features of the program to learn a little more.
- Import all the exposures into Aurora HDR and simply merge them. You can then tweak the final image to your liking, and the end result will be a picture that showcases your family in front of the beautiful natural backdrop that Spain has to offer.
As we speak about homemade scrapbooking here, we need to tell you one thing for sure, home craft, scrapbooking, or knitting and such stuffs have always been a staple of the Spanish culture and trust us, and you will be amazed to see how beautiful these homemade stuffs are. However, although scrapbooking is a long lost arts, or people opt for scrapbooking only when their children have homework on the same, it is worth the time.
Here are a few reasons why you should give scrapbooking a chance –
- A real life home for your photos – When you capture those memoires, don’t you want a special home for your photos that would be safe and intact? And no! We aren’t talking about the phone or the laptop. We are talking about the scrapbooks. These scrapbooks make a great home for these beautiful memories!
- Unleash your own style and your creativity – We know you might get quite held up with your day to day activity and when you get one Sunday, you want to relax and have some “me” time; but hey! This is important too. On the plus point, you can use your own style and unleash your creativity.
- Do you know that memories lie – Well, not really, but let’s face it! Your mind has a different story about a particular memory and someone else will have something else for the same memory. But journal entry like a scrapbook would have all the detailed information about that particular memory. This is beautiful.
- Enhances your photographing ability – If you are planning to scrapbooking, you will for sure need lots of photographs and you will definitely keep clicking pictures. The more pictures you click, the better of a photographer you become. That’s a good thing for you.
- The peace of mind – When you finally complete your scrapbook, we bet you will not stop thanking yourself for such a lovely gift to the family. trust us, it is beautiful and the memories are going to last forever.